All prices are in USD

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snowfall in Leverett

Tuesday 12 Feb 2008 8pm
Leverett Massachusetts USA

Well here we go, in mad prep for launching to India and Afghanistan in less than 2 weeks. The snow just started falling and it's a good night to be indoors and huddled 'round the propane heater.

I think I'm going to start packing clothes into luggage tonight just to seek comfort in the illusion of preparation. Bought a battery charger and spare batteries and a padded travel pouch for my Sony D50 road recorder unit; saw the travel doctor the other day to confirm my dengue fever bona fides; rifling through files and books to find maps and the business cards of various contacts; knowing that the first day in South Mumbai I want to go visit the Mahalakshmi temple and the Chor Bazaar (Thieves' Market) but not really having any idea where I'll be staying when I arrive that after midnight in less than 2 weeks. 

But that is then, and this is now. Now, I pick t-shirts and sort medicines and start filling pockets of my travel bags and making more detailed lists of more gear to be gathered and bought and tested and hustled together. Ten days may seem like a long time, but man, it seems like the coming dawn to me now.

This, I suppose it might be said, is the first official entry in this new (for me) vlogging format. I used to broadspam my friends directly with ever-increasing reams of virtual road rants--now, it will all be here, the ongoing saga unfolding in quasi-real time. Here's to enjoying the ride!

But first, a little music...

No comments:

Recent News

Newsletter